Basically, a Web proxy acts as a shield between you and the site you’re looking at; in other words, it’s a way to access sites that give users a reason to keep their identity concealed. When you use a Web proxy, you are not actually connecting to your intended site, instead, the Web proxy is connecting to the site, therefore hiding any trace of your presence. Many people use a Web proxy in order to keep their searches private or hide their online identity.
A Web proxy acts as a middleman, or intermediary, between a user accessing the Web and a website. In the context of using the Web, proxies are a way of accessing the Web that provides another layer of anonymity. The basic way that proxies work is to mask the user’s information from the sites they are attempting to access, which helps with hiding the user’s identity.
How to Find a Web Proxy
There are many Web proxies from which to choose from, but based on a wide variety of user reviews the most reliable, trustworthy Web proxies include selections from the following resources:
- Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools
- Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree
- The Tor Project
Note: be sure to use common sense and proper Web safety guidelines when choosing a proxy by which to access websites. While Web proxies can provide some degree of anonymity, nothing is foolproof. Users that utilize Web proxies with the expectation that their Internet usage is now untraceable will find that this is not always the case.
As always, we recommend that users use proper Web safety guidelines, conceal their personal information, and adhere to common sense Web usage in order to make sure that their anonymity is completely protected online.
How to Browse the Web Anonymously
- Ten Ways To Keep Your Search History Private: Maybe you have no need to hide your search history, but there’s no harm in more cautious Web surfing. Here are a few ways you can protect your Web privacy.
- Anonymous Searching 101: If you’re concerned about privacy on the Web, then anonymous surfing, the ability to surf the Web without being tracked, is for you. Here are some frequently asked questions about anonymous Web surfing.
- Hide and Seek on the Web – 8 Ways to Hide Your Online Identity: Wouldn’t it be nice to feel a little bit more secure while using the Web? You can be with these simple tips that will help you hide your identity online.
- How to Unblock Blocked Sites: Why are sites blocked? There are several scenarios in which you might find yourself not being able to access your favorite websites, but there are simple Web shortcuts that can get you around these roadblocks.